Pages

How To Make Your Forum Look Better

Most people say ‘don’t just a book by it’s cover,’ but that’s hard to do when you first load a forum’s page and it's just unappealing.When I see an ugly forum I just don’t want to be a part of it.


Having an 'ugly' forum is an easy way to lose potential members. It’s so much easier to join a forum that is clean and appealing. Let's be honest, if you loaded up a forum that looked completely terrible you wouldn't join would you? Most of us wouldn't. 


Your theme doesn't even have to be creative and colorful. I've seen many nice simple colored forums that look awesome, light and dark. Having a nice theme is a valuable asset to a forum. These are my opinions on how to make your forum look better.
Grammar
The theme of the forum isn't the only thing that makes the appearance. I am totally discouraged when I see all kinds of bad grammar, misspelled categories, etc. Make sure to present your content as professional as possible. It’s so much easier for me to join a forum that looks professional than it is for me to join a forum that looks like a 6 year old made.
Categories & Forums
Another thing that a forum owner needs to focus on is the set up. I hate seeing categories and sub-categories scattered all over the forum. Look in to placing everything neat and nice looking. Keep everything organized and fit. Also keep enough categories for people to make posts but don’t overdo it and have too many categories.
Ads and Popups
Another thing I want to mention is the overuse of ads and/or popups. I can understand a few ads but there is limit on things like ads. Try to keep them at a minimum and make them look fit with the forum design. Don’t have them in places where they shouldn't be. As for popups, I don’t know how others feel but I don’t really like clicking on a link to a forum just to find popups annoying me. Just a little heads up to keep in mind.

5 Quick Tips:

1Get a nice theme
2. Spell everything right ( we all make our mistakes, haha )
3. Keep categories and sub-categories organized
4. Don’t have a lot of ads and popups
5. Have a good amount of categories and places to post

No comments:

Post a Comment