Pages

A Forum's Background Is Important

Does the background really matter?
To me it kind of does to a certain extent. It all depends on how you take advantage of it. Your background could make your forum pop or it could throw your colors off. 

The background of your forum is really something that you have no choice but to see. You might as well make them look good.


I like plain colored backgrounds that go with the main color of your forum. I wouldn't have green hyperlinks and a green banner with a purple background. That just throws everything off.


I'm also completely open to seeing forums with a more creative background. Maybe have colored tiles or a repeating picture that makes a pattern. It's all about what flows. Everything has to flow with the theme to make a forum look good. I've been on a lot of forums that have really creative ideas for backgrounds. I'll list a few.

  • Tiles
  • Lines
  • Abstract Pattern
  • Solid Color
  • Fading Color
  • Stripes
  • Simple Pattern
  • A big picture, such as wallpaper

What do you think?

Also, if you have any more examples let us know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment